Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sami Khedira: "I was lucky to join Madrid, Mou was crucial"


By on 20:12

"My opinion of Mourinho was confirmed during our bad run of results. It's always easy to judge someone when things are going well, but during hard times you see their true character."

DIE WELT | 24/03/2013 from MARCA.es
You have said in the past that you have been very happy ever since you joined Madrid..
Coming to Madrid was a real stroke of luck for me because I've ended up at the biggest club in the world. I've had the opportunity to develop as a player alongside great footballers and a fantastic coach.

Mourinho has said that you should stay at Madrid for many years to come. Is that what you want?
It's not just down to what I want, but what chances I have. I think I could stay on. I signed a five year contract [in 2010] so I could leave my stamp on the club.
Have the club spoken to you about renewing your contract yet?
There have been no conversations about that. If that happens, I will have to decide what is best for me, but, right now, I have no intention of leaving the club.
Will Mou leave or stay?
I don't know, either he or the club will decide. But that's not important now. What's important is winning the Copa del Rey and getting as far as we can in the Champions League.
What does Mourinho mean for you?
He was crucial in me joining the club. He opened the doors of football to me, and I'm very grateful to him for that. He has also made me improve as a player.
People say that Mourinho does not have a very good relationship with the dressing room..
It's normal that there are moments of disagreement and conflict, especially at a club of this size. My opinion of Mourinho was confirmed during our bad run of results. It's always easy to judge someone when things are going well, but during hard times you see their true character. Our coach used all his strength to try and help us and he has shown once again that he is a great man. You can't forget that we have won three trophies with him in two and a half years.
Can you see yourself playing in the Bundesliga again?
It's not impossible. But right now I have no nostalgia [for playing in Germany] and I see no reason to return at the moment. I am doing very well at Madrid.

 


About Noureddine Djelfaoui

Noureddine a guy who is blessed with the art of Blogging,He love to Blog day in and day out,He is a Website Designer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment